WHAT KINDS OF SUPPORTS ARE AVAILABLE?
The Ballymun team are working hard to provide you with more support and a greater range of opportunities.
- Career Guidance and Career Planning
You will receive access to career guidance leading to an individual career plan. Your career plan will identify short, medium and longer-term career goals and will focus on the steps that you can take to achieve those goals. It will help you to identify possible training or further education opportunities to equip you with the skills required to work in the area identified.
Opportunities that maybe available to you include
- Specific skills training to give you the skills to access employment.
- Further and higher education courses leading to qualifications in areas that will improve your employment options.
- Preparation for work to provide you with the basic skills-set that will help you to get a job.
- Work Experience giving you the opportunity to gain a knowledge and understanding of what is involved in different jobs.
- Blended Learning: opportunities which combine education, training and work experience.
- Enterprise support: to help you start and maintain your own business.
- Work Placement opportunities.
- Financial support for pursuing education and training may also be available.
- Ongoing Support
Your Guidance Worker will help you identifying and applying for work, training and educational opportunities. You will receive ongoing support to achieve the steps you have identified in your career plan even after the end of the pilot.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THE SERVICE?
- I am newly unemployed
If you are newly unemployed you will automatically receive the service as part of the Department of Social Protection’s Intreo service. Within days of making an application for a Jobseeker payment at the Intreo Centre you will be invited to attend a group information session and given an appointment for a 1-2-1 meeting with a Guidance Worker in Ballymun Job Centre. It is very important that you attend the session and all meetings that you are invited to.
I am currently “signing on” at the Intreo Centre
The service will be available to all young people currently “signing on” at the Intreo Centre on a phased basis over the lifetime of the pilot. You will receive an invitation to attend a group information session and given an appointment for a 1-2-1 meeting with a Guidance Worker in Ballymun Job Centre.
You can also contact the Intreo Centre to ask for an earlier appointment and we will do our best to facilitate you. List of Contacts.